Leaders across the globe have made LEED the most widely used green building rating system in the world with 1.85 million square feet of construction space certifying every day. LEED certification provides independent verification of a building or neighborhood’s green features, allowing for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of resource-efficient, high-performing, healthy, cost-effective buildings. LEED is the triple bottom line in action, benefiting people, planet and profit.
LEED® Green Building Rating System for New Construction and Major Renovations (LEED-NC) Version 2.1, November 2002 revised 3/1403 as developed by the U.S. Green Building Council. Refer to Division 1 Section LEED Requirements for the following:
1. Credit MR 4.1 and 4.2: Products should contain recycled content. Recycled content materials shall be defined in accordance with Federal Trade Commission Document Guides for the Use of Environmental Marketing Claims, 16 CFR 260.7(e)
2. Credit MR 7.0: Wood products should be certified according to Forest Stewardship Council’s Principles and Criteria.
3. Credit EQ 4.1: VOC content of adhesives and sealants used in Project interior must be less than current content limits of South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Rule #1168, AND sealants used as fillers must meet or exceed requirements of Bay Area Air Quality Management District Regulation 8, Rule 51.
4. Credit EQ 4.4: Composite wood and agrifiber products must contain no added urea-formaldehyde resins.
1. Credit MR 4.1 and 4.2: Submit manufacturer’s product data indicating percentage by weight of post-consumer and post-industrial recycled content for products having recycled content included in this Section. Include LEED Product Information Form indicating costs for each product having recycled content.
2. Credit MR 7.0: Submit certification for Forest Stewardship Council for wood products. Include certificates of chain of custody. Include a statement indicating the itemized costs for each new wood-based product used in the project.
3. Credit EQ 4.1: Submit manufacturer’s product data for sealants and adhesives, applied at Project interior. Include printed statement of VOC content and material safety data sheets. Submit an itemized list of interior sealants and adhesives noting the quality of each used in the project.
4. Credit EQ 4.4: Submit manufacturer’s product data for composite wood and agrifiber products applied at Project interior. Include printed statement of VOC content and material safety data sheets.