Med-X 2000 Series Locker: Model G - Modified Two Tier 12"W x 18"D x 72"H
The frames are constructed from formaldehyde-free fiber resin semi-plastic. Doors are plastic laminate, class II-B, fire retardant and water resistant. Frames and doors are edged with vinyl T-molding; high strength, scratch and impact resistant and water repellent. Interior surfaces of sides and back panel are finished with 6 mil frosty white vinyl. Interior horizontal surfaces of shelves, tops and bottoms are finished with mar resistant black thermal-fused melamine.
All of our locker models are available in custom sizes to meet your individual needs.
MED-X 1000 / 2000 SERIES WATER RESISTANT PLASTIC LAMINATE LOCKERS
SECTION 10500 - WOOD LOCKERS.
Requirements of Divisions 0 and 1 apply to work of this Section.
1.1 Scope of Work Included:
a. The furnishing and installation of prefabricated WIC Type I multiple self-supporting modular fire resistant, custom grade,
plastic laminate lockers.
1.2 Related Work Specified Elsewhere:
a. Architectural Woodwork - Section 06400
b. Wood and Plastic Doors - Section 08200
c. Wood and Plastic Windows - Section 08210
a. Minimum standard for fire resistant, plastic laminate lockers shall conform to WIC "Manual of Millwork" latest edition.
1.4 Quality Assurance:
a. All parts and hardware shall be WIC compliant, structurally sound and free from defects, in material and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of three (3) years. All lock parts warranted for a period of one (1) year by the respective manufacturer.
a. Submit two copies of WIC compliant shop drawings for all items of finish work before fabrication.
b. Manufacturer's descriptive data of all materials and products construction, overall dimensions for installation of lockers, accessories, and trim.
c. Submit 3 color samples of laminate specified.
1.6 Product Handling, Delivery & Storage.
a. Deliver all lockers when project construction is ready for installation. Store lockers in dry, ventilated area and protect all finishes from soiling and damage during handling.
a. Furnish Med-X 1000 or 2000 Series furniture grade plastic laminate lockers in accordance with WIC "Manual of Millwork",
Section 15-Plastic Cover Casework for Custom and Premium grades.
2.2 Acceptable Manufacturer:
a. Ideal Products, Inc. PO Box 4090, Ontario, CA 91761. Lockers to be Med-x 1000 or 2000 Series Plastic Laminate Lockers.
***Insert here*** Model, Frame Size, Edging, Hinge, Lock ie.
"Ideal 1000 Series Model L,12x18x72"PL,VT,EH,RP"
a. Locker interior:
1. Interior vertical surfaces of sides and back panel are finish with 6mil frosty white vinyl.
2. Interior horizontal surfaces of shelves, tops and bottoms are finished with black thermal fused melamine.
3. Locker frame constructed of fiber resisn semii-plastic, formaldehyde-free, 48lb. density, moisture resistant, exterior grade medium density fiberboard (MDF)
4a. Frame edged for 1000 Series with 13/16" convex face, center barb, polyethylene vinyl t-molding with choice of colors: black, grey, white, tan or brown. (VT)
4b. Frame edged for 2000 Series with high pressure plastic laminate .032: thickness, vertical grade (SE) or 1mm PVC, poly vinyl chloride thermal glued tape to match plastic laminate. (PVC)
5. Locker venting through rear panel 32mm system.
b. Doors, End Panels, and Sloped Tops:
1. Plastic laminate, high pressure, class II-B fire retardant, VGS-GP28, 3/4" STD PB, UL & HPMA.
2a.Radius corners for 1000 Series edges finished with 13/16" convex face, polyethylene vinyl t-molding (VT).
2b.Square corners for 2000 Series edges finished with .032" high pressure plastic laminate (SE) or 1mm poly vinyl chloride tape
(PVC). 2mm, 3mm, 5mm PVC edging is available in limited colors.
3. 3/4" thickness 48lb. density fiber resin semi-plastic formaldehyde-free mositure resistant, exterior grade medium density fibertboard (MDF)with choice of vertical grade fire retardant (class II-B) plastic laminate for exterior finish. Interior finished with WA1573 vertical grade CL-20 frosty white cabinet liner.
a. Hinges, heavy duty, select either:
1. 2000 Series - Euro-concealed, 6 way adjustable, 125 degree opening, self-closing, nickel plated, lifetime guarantee (CH).
2. 1000 Series - black 180 degree opening 2 3/4" exposed five knuckle (EH).
b. Locks, heavy duty,
1. Padlock hasps either recessed (RP) or surface (SP) mounted through-bolted with 3/4" dia. zinc plated t-nuts and 10/20 x 3/4" machine screws; case hardened and cadnium plated steel.
2. Campadlock hasp. Specify chrome or brass finish?
3. Keyed Locks, two keys per lock and master keyed. Specify chrome or brass finish? 1500KD (KL)
4. Dial combination with changeable codes and master keyed bypass (DC).
5. Pushbutton combination with over 2000 different combinations.
Specify satin chrome or satin brass? (PC)
6. Coin Collection (CC), Coin (CR) or Token Return (TR) and Card Operated (CL).
7. Digital Locksets for Temporary (KT) or Permanent Usage (KP)
c. Clothes hooks, aluminum or brass finished
1. Ceiling hung double pronged.
2. Side mounted double or single pronged.(Optional)
d. Coat Rods, nickle plated (Optional)
e. Number Disc 1 1/4" recessed, 3/8" numerals. Select: satin chrome satin brass or black. Specify numbering sequence?
a. Lockers shall be fabricated using blunt joint, nail and screw joinery.
b. Fabricate lockers square, rigid, and without warp.
c. Machine all parts and attachment holes accurately and without chips.
d. Fabricate corners, fillers, scribes, tops as required for installation.
a. Conform to requirements of WIC "Manual of Millworks", latest edition, for joinery requirements using blunt joint, nail and screw construction.
a. Install lockers at the locations shown in accordance with manufacturer's instructions for plumb, level, rigid and flush installation.
b. Lockers are easily installed on a standard prefabricated 4 x 17 x 72" unfinished bases per locker room layout, cut to fit as required, level bases using readily available shim shingles.
c. Hang wall straps 83 1/2" inches above bases, spaced approximately 4 to 5 feet apart.
d. Stack lockers one next to the other per plans, allowing approximatley 24" separation in corners, bolt each from together using manufacturer supplied fasteners through predrilled holes. Be sure to align leading edges of locker frames with each other as fasteners are tightened.
e. Install end and corner fillers and caps, cut to size in field per plans.
f. Install end panels
g. Install number discs, clean lockers, remove all related trash and debris from jobsite.
a. Upon completion of the work, remove surplus materials, rubbish and debris resulting from the operations under the section, including equipment and implements of service, and leave the entire structure and site insofar as the work of this section concerned in a neat, clean, and acceptable condition.
NEW! Wilsonart HD and Wilsonart Premium Laminates are now FSC-certified. Laminates with these finish extensions are standard as FSC-certified: -01, -07, -18, -35, -45, -52, -78. Other Wilsonart Laminates are available as FSC-certified on request. Learn more about Wilsonart FSC-certified Laminate